Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Day 81



Day 81, self quarantine:

Okay, I don’t like Wednesdays but I’ve got to get my act together today.

Woo, I had a bad work day yesterday.  I had a 100% error filled day, and when that happens, I either work harder to redeem myself or I completely shut down.

Guess what happened.

Maybe it was the culmination of the last few days, maybe it was the non stop helicopters overhead and the construction workers across the street screaming so loud I thought they were in Julie’s bedroom, or maybe it was just post-traumatic stress from the last three months.

Anyway, it wasn’t a good day to screw up.  I have deadlines and I’m so busy I can’t breathe.

I may have barely slid by yesterday but I won’t today so I have to put my head down and work.

Trouble is, I don’t feel like it.

I hardly slept last night.  I heard a couple really loud explosions.

The news just told me that three ATM machines were blown up blocks from my house.

Actually, I just heard another explosion now at 5:30 a.m.and so did the fellow currently reporting the news four blocks from my house.

Good times.

And naturally we also have a freak weather forecast today with severe multiple thunderstorms and damaging wind gusts throughout the day and a high of almost 90 degrees.

Maybe the power will go out.

Am I actually hoping for that?  Why, yes.  Yes I am.  

As long as it goes back on when work ends at 4:30.

Gah, my day actually started out great.  Aileen came by to get the bicycles, I actually had my first face to face conversation with someone for the first time since March 13, she brought us bags and bags of fresh lettuce and herbs from her garden...I could have hung out with her all morning.

Maybe that was it.

Oy, I can see I have decisions to make sooner rather than later.

Anyway, Gary suggested I salvage the day by going to Lemon Hill with him and Jake at the end of the day to see this “really cool rainbow thing” that popped up in the park so how could I say no?

I’m so glad I did.

I needed a new pic in my head to replace the defiled piano in the street following the riot in Philadelphia this weekend though okay, that photo is never leaving my head, ever.

That piano is a metaphor to me for  broken America, the culmination of three years of a monster in the White House who has zero passion for the arts.

I just wish he was gone.  I don’t really care how.  

Pick your worst.

Oh well, sue me, all my posts can’t be inspirational, funny, or include cheesecake recipes.  Life has warts.

I’m going to go inhale a pot of coffee and listen to some music to get out of my bad head.

Later, apocalypse dudes.