Friday, June 26, 2020

Day 104


Day 104, self quarantine:

Happy Friday!  Week 15 of shelter in place is a wrap.

Too funny, Gary caught me listening to my secret pleasure music yesterday.

I’m never gonna live it down.

I thought he walked down to our weekly farmers market and I was just wrapping up some easy work odds and ends in a great mood with an eye towards the weekend, so I decided to blast my happy Robin music.

Okay, here it is.  When I’m alone, I listen to Adele and Miley Cyrus.

Yep, I said it.

Miley’s version of Jolene is so hot, even I want to sleep with her 😎


And I’m sorry, but Adele’s Running in the Deep is pretty much a perfect song.

You know what?  I just got inspired to make a perfect song playlist.

That’s gonna be tomorrow’s post if nothing else major happens.

Anyway, Gary walked into Julie’s room to tell me he was heading to the market I thought he was already at.

“What the hell are you listening to?”

Busted!

“It’s YouTube shuffle,” I explained red faced.  “They pick songs for me based on my past selections.  For whatever reason, they think I like Miley Cyrus.”

Gary laughed.

“See?  This proves computers know nothing.  How could they be more wrong?”

Okay boomer, whatever you say, I only wanna run away with her every time I watch this video 😂😂😂

“Yeah, really,” I said instead. “I don’t know where they ever got that idea.”

Oh jeez,  thank god he didn’t walk in a minute sooner, my fat pajama bottomed ass was dancing all over Julie’s bedroom.

As Miley wrapped up singing and Gary remained standing in the threshold, I prayed my next shuffle song would be Tull or Crimson.

Nope, it was Adele.  I quickly hit pause.

Hey, I wanted to hear it as soon as he left.

Too late.

“Adele?  Is that Adele?  Jesus, could they be any more way off with your taste, Rob?”

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Gary returned from the farmers market with all kinds of goodies.  He was inspired to make his world famous coconut rice with roasted broccoli.  We had outrageous just picked organic strawberries with coconut milk ice cream for dessert.

I really need to learn how to take better pictures.

That meal rocked my world.

In less cheerful news, this morning’s virus statistics in America are horrific.  The numbers are at an all time high.  The rest of the world is staring at us with their jaws on the floor and are getting ready to ban Americans from their countries.

So what does Bunker Pig tweet just six hours ago?

“Coronavirus deaths are way down. Mortality rate is one of the lowest in the World. Our Economy is roaring back and will NOT be shut down. “Embers” or flare ups will be put out, as necessary!”

This is deliberate, people.  He wants us too sick to vote.  Or protest.

As I said yesterday, I wonder when he ultimately catches the virus, and he will if there is such a thing as karma, if he will gasp, “I can’t breathe!  I can’t breathe!”

One can only hope.

Sorry for the downer, but this is the apocalypse journal.

And on that cheery note, I am headed upstairs to do whatever I can work wise to get this weekend underway sooner rather than later.

Peace out.