Monday, June 22, 2020

Day 100


Day 100, self quarantine:

Welcome to Monday, week 15, day 100 of the apocalypse.

Day 100, huh.

I feel like balloons and confetti should be released from the skies.

We made it.

This day feels important.  Like a turning point.

So did Saturday night in Oklahoma.

Thank freaking god.

I hear Bunker Boi is furious.  

That can’t be good for his morbidly obese,  sweaty, 74 year old health.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Meanwhile, did you see video from Saturday?  If there are any physically or emotionally uglier people than his supporters, I haven’t seen it in my lifetime thank God.

Well, unless we’re talking about Donald himself, who looked fat, ugly and ridiculous following his failed Nazi kegger.


Anyhoo...

To those of you returning to work outside your homes today, my best wishes for a safe, healthy experience.

The Wall Street Journal has an interesting article today about that.  You already know my thoughts.


In other news, we had an amazing Father’s Day.  I can count myself in on that statement  because I reaped the benefits. Both Julie and Eric FaceTimed Gary, and, they recorded a cover of the Kinks‘ Strangers for him which made us both cry.  I have it saved to my dropbox and if I can figure out how, maybe I’ll share it.

Though the last time I tried sharing something from my dropbox was at work when I used it to send defense counsel Answers to discovery and medical records and somehow included my personal collection of Christmas cookie recipes.

He actually called and thanked me.

I used to joke that those cookies were Gary’s retirement plan.  

Welp, that’s no longer funny.

Oh, just kidding.  Gary is happily retired and he loves baking his cookies for pleasure, not money.

Wow.  I can’t believe we’ve been quarantined since March and I haven’t asked him for any.

Nah, they’re a holiday thing.

Speaking of food, and when don’t I, Gary made the vegan potato cauliflower burgers last night, which he put on the barbecue, and they were pretty much life affirming.


Gary’s baked beans are damn good, too.

He was going to make street corn but time got away from him and we ended up having a bowl of plain corn with just salt and pepper and it was crazy good for early season.

So yeah, happy Father’s Day to me.

 Naturally my gift to Gary didn’t arrive because I am a dork.  I bought him the remastered Running With the King vinyl and didn’t notice it was a pre- order which won’t be released until tomorrow.  

I showed him the gift receipt and blamed the virus.

So assuming it doesn’t rain today, if you’re looking for me at 1:00 today, I will be having lunch in my garden.

Yeah, I can’t believe it, either. Gary and Robin actually finished a project.  I’m holding back on taking a pic because a few final touches are on the way here, and, fingers crossed, Eric and Natalie are hoping to drive up early next week for a night if Marvin’s surgery goes well and I kinda want it to be a surprise since the last time they saw our yard it was a junk heap.

Julie told us last night she’s watching the virus closely and assuming it’s safe and the numbers continue to go down, she’s coming for a July visit.

It’s such a horrible place to be right now.  We want to see her in the worst way, but we just can’t encourage her to fly here from Seattle until we are 100% confident it’s safe.  So as excited as we are to see her, July may be too soon.

We’ll see.

I’m one of the people who thinks this virus is far from over.  I’m erring on the side of caution.

Many east coast companies are telling their employees to stay inside and work remotely until the end of the year.

Works for me.

I have a pretty busy week ahead so I’m going to wrap this up and start to get my head in gear.

Onward!