Sunday, May 30, 2021

More post pandemic adventures

 


Post pandemic adventures 

So it hasn’t hit me that I’m retired yet, all weekend I’ve had to stop myself from thinking about cases and wishing I could log in just to make sure I took care of things before I signed off for the final time on Friday...

Gah!

In any event, Gary has been doing what Gary does when people in our family are going through things, he’s busy stuffing my face. Last night he made caprese sammies with pesto and avocado to go with the main course of French fries.  

Tonight he’s making Thai food.  

We had all kinds of plans this weekend but it’s like twenty below zero and raining so we’re just going to hit Trader Joe for more supplies and Gary’s going to watch the Indy 500 while I freak out reading about the impending death of our democracy on Twitter.

Just a typical day at Casa Slick.

I still can’t wrap my brain around the fact that this will basically be every day now.

Oy.

Hahaha just kidding, very stoked that three weeks from today, we’ll be in Nashville finally seeing Eric and Natalie’s “new” house!

And my trip to Seattle is now tentatively scheduled for 6/25-7/6 as long as the vet doesn’t give us ominous Jake news on Wednesday, which of course I am fully expecting even though it’s an ear infection.

Ugh, an ear infection that hasn’t healed after three rounds of antibiotics so now they look for why and the suspect is Cushings disease, which is what killed our last dog and which is why I haven’t bought a plane ticket yet.

Why must life always be so yin and yang?

Ah well, best to just relax and enjoy this moment, huh.  It’s all any of us are guaranteed.

Okay, it’s decided, we’re also swinging by a bakery after Trader Joe’s.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment