Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday Monday

 



So in 50 years of working, one thing has never changed, no matter where I’ve ever been employed.


I don’t enjoy Sundays, I’m a bundle of nerves Sunday night, and I never wake up feeling well on Monday mornings.

As I sit here queasily sipping my coffee, thinking of all the work I have to knock out today, I suddenly realized this is it, this is my last Monday feeling like this.

Next Monday and Tuesday our office is closed for the Jewish holiday.

The following Monday, May 24, is my last week working in this lifetime.  If I wake up worried and nauseous that day, there’s no hope for me to ever relax, huh.  ðŸ˜‚

On Friday I worked a ten hour day.

WHO DOES THAT AT MY AGE AFTER GIVING SIX WEEKS NOTICE?

A crazy person, that’s who.

And other than my boss, no one even cares or will acknowledge it.

Oh well.  That’s life.

I’m also nutz today because I finally have an eye doctor appointment after literally being blind all year after my prescription expired and I ran out of disposable contacts during the pandemic. Because I am me, I can never schedule an appointment with any doctor without first thinking they’re going to find something fatal.

Naturally I think my blurry vision is something ominous other than the Mr. Magoo nearsighted eyesight I’ve had since age 11.

You know, because I’m retiring and about to enjoy myself?

Gah!

In case anyone is wondering, I’m still a nervous wreck about this country, too.  Holy fuck people here are mean and stupid.  

Really stupid.

As in Trump and Trump supporter stupid.

Anyway...

Don’t be like me today, be normal.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment