Sunday, September 27, 2020

Day 197


Day 197, self quarantine:

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Woo, I like Sundays when there’s a day off on Monday.

I’m ignoring politics today because everything is terrible and I don’t want anything that’s not beautiful to take away from this post.

Yesterday Gary and I took a drive to Princeton to pick up a collage we purchased from our friend, artist/musician Chris Harford.

https://chrisharford.com/

We met Chris via Eric.

Naturally, I texted Eric before he was even awake this morning, asking him how he met Chris.

Eric obliged, even before coffee!

“I played one show with Dave Dreiwitz from Ween at Mexicali Blues in Teaneck. After that gig Dave said, “you have to play with Chris Harford.” And a month later, I was driving with Dave to the WEEN farmhouse to try jamming with Chris, Dean Ween, and Scott Metzger. We all hit it off immediately.”

In 2006, Chris did a Free at Noon at @wxpn, with the guys from Ween.  On drums was 19 year old Eric Slick.

Gary and I were there live of course, and after just a minute into the first song, we turned to each other and said, “Who is this guy?’”

Here’s my favorite performance from that show.  I’m kinda begging you to click on it because I love it that much and it’s one from my “perfect song” list, which includes everyone from King Crimson to Bill Withers.


Well?  Amirite?

Haha, look at young Eric with his Beatle haircut.

I don’t understand why Chris isn’t a household name like Neil Young or Bruce or Jackson Browne.

I wish I could make it so.

Anyway, as with a lot of talented musicians, my own kids included, Chris is also a talented artist.

I was surfing through Facebook a couple weeks ago and saw Chris had an exhibit in
Princeton.


It was the perfect time for me to see it.  We’ve been staring at the same four walls 24/7 for over six months and I’ve been missing going to live exhibits/shows so much.

So I clicked on some of Chris’ amazing art and lo and behold, I came upon “Small World Bird Over City” and what can I say, it was kismet.

Tomorrow is official hang the painting and lay the rugs day and of course I’ll have photos next week.

I know it’s Yom Kippur tomorrow but I will be reflecting the entire time, trust me.

And enjoying my new art.

Happy Sunday!