Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Day 192


Day 192, self quarantine:

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I really can’t believe it’s fall now.  I mean, it’s one of my favorite seasons but it seems I was just euphoric over daylight savings time and now all of a sudden it’s dark by 7:00 p.m.

It’s really not good to be thinking all the time but my brain just refuses to shut off.

This quarantine stuff isn’t easy.

I continue to avoid the news this morningand didn’t even spend much time on Twitter yesterday because it’s gotten to the point where I hate Donald and his fellow authoritarian pseudo Christian idiot pals and supporters so much they make me physically ill.

Honestly.  Donald and people who like Donald offend me so much I can’t bear it.

So it’s in my best interest to stay away.

As Gary reminds me and he’s right, if anything really news breaking happens, someone will tell me.

Though I’m lying, I did tweet this yesterday:

“If there is no time for a new stimulus bill to help 30 million unemployed Americans, then there is no time to choose a new Supreme Court Justice.

How is every American not screaming this today?”

I mean it.  Where is everyone?

I know, I know.

We’re all exhausted, huh.

Anyway, I have an extraordinary amount of paralegal work to do this week so I’m not going to be able to monitor the news much, anyway.

But in kinda news, my public service announcement today are two spectacular finds at Trader Joe’s, both of which you would never believe are vegan or from a supermarket.

Brownie Crisps and Banana Walnut Bread.

Sooo good.

Haha, so much for being vegan and thin for my sacrifices but who cares.

I’m a sugar freak.  I love something sweet with a cup of coffee every day.

There’s not a lot to look forward to in quarantine land so I try to give myself perks throughout the day.

So I’ve instituted the 10:30 a.m. cookie break, which coincides with a daily four song Beatle break on WXPN every morning.  I come downstairs and have coffee and cookies (or banana bread) with Gary and listen to 15 minutes of my favorite music.

Jake comes downstairs for a treat, too.

Today is definitely a slice of banana bread kind of day.  I can feel it already.

Haha since I’m not monitoring the news today I don’t have much to talk about so I guess this is a quick one.

Hey, I guess we should be glad every day isn’t newsworthy, but for the love of God, when is the last time we awoke to really great news?

I know I blurted out my wish at 11:11 last night as I headed upstairs for bed.

“I really hope he dies tonight.”

Gary laughed.

“But what will you do about Pence?” he asked.

“He’s going to collapse and be leaving this mortal coil upon hearing the news of his dear leader’s demise,” I replied.  “It’s gonna be President Pelosi.”

“Oh, okay, I’m glad you have this sorted out,” he laughed.

Damn straight I do.

Omg.  I just got an email that my new rug shipped.

But when I clicked on the tracking notice, it says my “child’s outdoor chair” will be here Friday.

Holy hell, the one time I ask Gary first.

He hates online stuff so much, I’m never going to live this down.

Omfg, I am going to have to get on the phone with customer service as soon as they open this morning.

Gah!  Why, why, why.

Oh well, chin up.  This should be the worst thing that ever happens to me.

A kiddie deck chair.  Oy.  Gary will probably say “Let’s keep it” for the raccoon.

Ugh, more on the raccoon in another post.  I can’t right now.  

Why me?

Okay, before I go, one more thing. Check out this insane version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  


That’s pretty extraordinary, am I right?

Have an awesome Tuesday.