Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Day 179

 


Day 179, self quarantine:

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Jeez, it’s September 9?  This month is gonna fly.

Pretty cool that it’s Wednesday already.  Four day work weeks are everything.

I actually had a pretty chill first day back to work.  Having the advantage of a remote home office and being able to check my phone messages and emails during the week was huge.  Normally I get at least 25 emails a day. So I pretty much knew what my work load this week was in advance and I jumped on some of it Monday night to give myself a head start.

It ended up being brilliant strategy.

So Julie told me her Pandemic Plan B while she’s sidelined as a touring musician and it’s freaking genius!  

Stay tuned.

There’s a lot of beautiful creativity coming out of this apocalypse.

But I have a question. 

Where are all the protest songs?

I’m serious.

Where are they?

C’mon people.  Protest songs are an essential part of political expression.

With all of the unrest in America right now, these songs are crucial and should be a means for musicians to express their convictions and frustrations while rallying their listeners.

You know I’m right.

You sure have a wealth of material in 2020.  Don’t make me list it all.

Just do it.

If you don’t write music, find another way.

And if you’re happy with how things are, great, maybe find a way to help someone who’s not.

Just don’t sit here and complain you don’t like when people react to a crisis differently than you.

Some people read too much, some people bury their heads in the sand.  But we all have something in common.

We’re all hurting and no one has gotten through the last six months unscathed.

You know I’m right.

Okay, jumping off my soapbox to watch some early morning Food Network escape tv.

Happy Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment