Saturday, April 01, 2023

April Fool

Me:  Gary, Gary!  It’s going to be 72 degrees on Tuesday.  Let’s go to the beach!

Gary:  Haha, April fools, right?

Me, confused: Huh?  Look at your phone.  72 degrees with a little smiling sun.  Why would I joke about that?  I’ve been telling you I’m dying for boardwalk pizza since January.

Gary:  You’re kidding. (And he’s staring at me like I’m insane.)

Me:

(Still not getting it)

Gary:  Rob.  What’s Tuesday?

Me:

(Still perplexed, okay, still really thinking of a warm piece of Manco Pizza.  Mmm…gooey cheese…thin buttery crust…and then, light bulb goes off over head)

Me: Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Gary:  Yeah.  Just the day we’ve been waiting for since January of 2017 and all you’ve been talking about for the last six years.

Me:  Omg!  Talk about a senior moment.  Jesus Christ, do you think I should get tested for Alzheimers? How the hell did I forget about THAT?

Gary:  No clue.  Too busy thinking about pizza sounds right, though.

Me:  Well, we need to celebrate big time Tuesday.  I know what to do.

Gary:

Me:

(Long pause. Longer pause.  Read my mind, bro)

Gary:  You want me to drive down the shore, don’t you.

Me at the same time: We should get pizza!

This is the secret to our marriage, people.  I’m the planner and Gary is my enabler I mean facilitator 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment