Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Oh my god!


Okay, this has got to be a dream and I'm really asleep, right?

Sorry...I know I'm supposed to be upstairs writing, but I just found a review online of the Philadelphia Poets and Writers Festival kick-off two weeks ago in which I read my "hilarious" story about meeting author Neil Gaiman...and oh my god, I'm blushing!

Here's the link!

You have to scroll down a bit....oh, what the hell, I'm so excited, let me cut and paste the applicable part here anyway:

"...Finally, Robin Slick, novelist and former editor of Philadelphia Stories Magazine, discussed her first novel, Three Days in New York City. The sequel to this novel, Another Bite of the Apple, will be available soon. Instead of reading a portion of her novel, Robin treated the audience to a mini memoir, sharing her experiences of feeling like “a dork” while attending a reading and book signing with her twenty-something rock star son. Her memoir brought this otherwise mundane event to life. It was witty, riddled with humor, and true to life. The audience felt the simultaneous thrill of meeting a writer she admired and the utter mortification of her son being forced to endure his mother’s actions as an adoring fan. The Poets and Writers Festival Kickoff ended with a series of questions and answers with the panel of Philadelphia Stories’ editors and contributors...."

Okay. Today has gotten significantly better, and yes, yes, yes, I've knocked out three newly revised chapters of my thrice revised novel!

Later..

xo

7 comments:

  1. Awesome. But you're awake, honey. Pinch pinch. You deserve such rave reviews!

    xo
    J
    (why do I always get the longest word verification codes...sheesh...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! That's awesome, Robin! I so wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Sounds like a grand day for you all around! And they like you ... they REALLY like you!

    Incidentally, my word verification letters are:
    ifuxbotn

    I'm thinking Botn and I should at least be introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm freaked. Thanks, gels.

    Now. Someone publish that story, please, as it's one of the ones out there in that great black submission hole.

    Ellen - I have a million comeback lines for your zipless fux, but my kids read this thing so I'll stay uncharacteristically quiet.

    And I would do away with this word verification thing but my blog was getting heavily spammed and I couldn't stand it.

    But you are funny xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh...you should have known the best way to make the Horoscope say "I told you so" was to complain about it loudly (lol).

    My verifciation is ujrkw (which, if you add in all the missing stuff calls me a jerk wad...feh)

    DNW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha - Sue and David, I normally do not believe in horoscopes because trust me, I am no Leo...I'm not a people lover; I don't love sports; being out in the sun doesn't thrill me, either...and the only place I am outgoing is in cyberworld.

    But that one...holy cow. Though she covers so much ground anyone reading it can probably relate, right? Right.

    (This coming from a woman who will not walk under ladders, throws salt over her left shoulder if the shaker falls, etc.)

    And Kat, you are so sweet I cannot believe you. Nor can I believe that incredible piece you did on literary magazines featured at Moorish Girl. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete