Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Anniversary Celebration


Yesterday was amazing and perfect and everything we would ever want for an anniversary celebration.


Because Julie is in the middle of a month long tour across America which hits the Philly area tonight (Yes!  Can’t wait!), we couldn’t celebrate on the actual date, but three days later, on her day off yesterday, Eric flew in from Nashville and after spending an incredible day together, the two of them took Gary and me out to dinner at our absolute favorite special occasion restaurant, The Saloon.


What’s great about the four of us is that we see each other only 2-3 times a year but we pick up right where we left off.  We spent the entire two plus hours at dinner talking nonstop and giggling like little kids.


Oh my god, the food at the Saloon.  They make their pasta in house, it’s perfection.  I not so jokingly said to Gary the Saloon is our last real reason for staying in Philadelphia.


Because yesterday also confirmed how much I hate living so far from the kids and I came up with the perfect solution, sell the house and get two small apartments, one in Seattle where we’ll spend spring and summer and one in Nashville where we’ll spend fall and winter.


“What?  Are you crazy?” Gary asked.


“This is a newsflash to you?  But this time I’m serious.”


Oh, I’m kidding.  I’m just basking in the glow of yesterday but know the reality.  Right now there will be no going anywhere.  That said…


A girl can dream.


Anyway, I’m very stoked about the Remain in Light show with Julie at the Keswick Theatre tonight.  


See you there 😎






No comments:

Post a Comment