Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Day 45


Day 45, self quarantine:

So in case anyone is wondering, I did not manage to get Gary excited to do a backyard garden project.  

I blew it, though.  My delivery was awful and ill timed.  Trust me, I’m not being a martyr. Once I saw that pic and got the idea, I couldn’t wait to spit it out even though I know Gary is not a morning person. 😎

I’ll try again today.

You know what, though?  I’m pissed.  I always do anything to avoid confrontation, even if it’s at my own expense.  I didn’t used to be that way - what the hell happened?

Is being emotionally helpless and always apologetic another sign of aging?

Fuck no.  Not in my world.

So on Saturday, I’m going out there and starting the garden cleanup myself.  And if I can’t do it and he won’t, I’m hiring someone.

It’s that important to me.

Okay, I feel better now.

Speaking of houses, Eric and Natalie bought one!  Yay!  From the photos it’s huge and beautiful and I wish so much we could see it in person and be there for moving day Friday.

This virus...

I miss my kids.

I haven’t allowed myself to stress over any what ifs, but while I accept they live far away, even just a fleeting thought of any of us getting sick...

Never mind.

So I got my Arbitration Statement done yesterday.  Now on to the Mediation Statement, which is basically the same format - one is a NJ motor vehicle case, the other a PA slip and fall.

I can’t say I’m feeling it.

Can you call in sick when you work from home?

I know two people who died of the virus yesterday.

Some mornings  it’s hard to write.

Sorry.

Here’s to better days.