Monday, April 20, 2020

Day 36

Day 36, self quarantine:

Another day, another mask, another heart in my mouth trip to the store for fresh fruit and vegetables.

How is it possible my hair has grown this long in six weeks? I’m just rocking that senior citizen Lady Godiva look, huh😂😂😂

I’m never going to get used to this mask - I feel like I can’t breathe.   But thank God wearing one is now officially the law in PA when inside any business.

There was an obnoxious guy without a mask at Whole Foods during seniors shopping.  Gary let him have it.

Omg, I just realized something.   Six weeks ago, Gary would have been that guy!

The changes we’re all going through during this quarantine might not be evident but trust me, they’re there.  

You don’t go through something like this unscathed.  You just don’t.

But I am wondering:  does this mean we’re going to be wearing masks inside the law office if and when we return? Oy vey.

We’re actually doing much better at the shopping thing, though.  Gary used to swing by one of the half a dozen shops he frequents pretty much nightly. I really thought it was going to be impossible to get cheffy him to stop but as it turns out, he’s been watching a little international news after I fall asleep every night.  He knows as much about this virus as I do now and he isn’t even pretending to be macho.  He’s plenty scared.

So yeah, shopping, we’ve got it down to a quick dash in and out once a week though that’s also because we’re living off our pantry for the most part.  I will never make fun of Gary and his pasta cabinet again.  Or his rice/miscellaneous grain collection.  We literally have enough food for a year.  But it’s so weird, after Gary returns to the car, we look at each other like Whew, he made it...like he just swam through primordial ooze and crawled over broken glass just to get us some cauliflower.  

Kinda like we’ll both do on November 3, 2020 to vote if we have to.

And with that, week six of quarantine begins.  Rock on!