Sunday, April 19, 2020

Day 35


Day 35, self quarantine 

I’m tempted to just type “And Sunday she rested” and then ending this post until tomorrow when I hopefully have my shit together.

I just woke up from a recurring  nightmare I used to have regularly for around five years. I haven’t had one of those for such a long time I thought maybe I was cured.  Haha, don’t even ask, it’s a dream that touches on every level of my fears and complexes and it literally takes me hours to shake it off.

It was just a dream, Rob.

Yeah, I know, so why the hell am I trembling?

It’s nice to know the quarantine hasn’t changed me.  I’m still insane 😎

Actually, that’s not true.  I’m noticing some major changes that have occurred.  And much to my shock, they’re positive.

For one thing, this is the longest time I have ever gone without spending money.  I don’t mean household bills, I’m talking about me stretched out on the sofa with my phone, surfing the web, and ordering whatever strikes my eye.

With every business floundering, you can imagine the tasty sale ads I’m being barraged with via social media and email.

I haven’t clicked on any of them.

You have no idea how unlike me that is.  I’m trying to figure out why.  It’s obvious why I’m not clicking on anything clothes or jewelry wise, I’m not going anywhere to wear them.  But I also love to buy stuff for the house, and you would think being housebound, I would be going crazy with those type of purchases right now.

Nope.  

I wondered if I was depressed but I don’t think that’s it, either.

I think at least subconsciously, part of it is maybe I’m afraid to spend any money, but the other part is, I feel like the future is so uncertain, possessions mean nothing, anyway, and the only thing worse than being sick is being sick and destitute.

And there’s that looming Should we retire question.

Again, you have no freaking idea how out of character that is for me.  We really do live one day at a time around here.  And I’ve worked hard my entire life.  I like nice things and being frugal isn’t my personality.

So this is weird.  

But good.  

Actually, I’m lying.  I spent $15 ordering hair removal cream from Amazon.  Omg, my upper lip.  But so far it’s still sitting on the table because I’m afraid to use it.  I read the directions and now I’m afraid it’s going to be like applying acid to my face.

Oh, well.  Hopefully Gary is into the transgender look.

Getting back to quarantine, I noticed another big personality change.  Gary and I have been in isolation together for six weeks and haven’t had one argument.  Now of course going by the same scientific methods by which I diet and keep planes from crashing, I’ve probably just jinxed that and Gary and I will have an epic fight later today....

Nah.

I’ll tell you why.  Me.  I started to argue a couple of times over the past several weeks but I stopped and counted to ten under my breath.  I’m not even lying.  I’m in quarantine with this dude, I am not about to make either one of us miserable while we’re in captivity.

I didn’t even say a word after I walked into the kitchen after dinner last night and saw every pot and pan in the house piled up in the sink and every spice bottle out on the counter top blah blah blah. Hey, the guy made cacio e pepe with honey roasted cauliflower and spinach arugula salad for dinner.  It was so delicious I moaned the whole time I ate.  I’m gonna storm out of the kitchen, cursing?

I might have six weeks ago.

Last night I simply rolled up my sleeves and started cleaning up.

I don’t think I am ever going back to the former pissy me.  This way of life is so much easier.

So that’s just two things different in Casa Slick though I am sure there’s more.  All I know is, I’m going to continue to be positive and attempt positive change throughout this apocalypse and beyond.

Sounds like a plan, huh.

Okay, then.  Happy Sunday!