Friday, April 17, 2020

Day 33


Day 33, self quarantine 

Happy Friday.  Time is so strange during the apocalypse.  On the one hand, each day seems to last forever.  On the other hand, on Monday we’ll be starting week six.  It’s surreal.

So I’m feeling kinda terrible and embarrassed  about yesterday’s post and I want to apologize.  When I write journal type entries, they’re streams of consciousness and I’m saying what I’m feeling at that moment.  For the last couple of days, I’ve absolutely adored working from home after a month long struggle.  So I may have been a little too enthusiastic about seemingly enjoying our pandemic and outrageously insensitive to anyone suffering.

Do I want the quarantine to last forever?  Of course not.  I want everyone to get their lives back.  I know people are emotionally and/or financially devastated.  I get it.  I know how lucky I am.

I want my life back, too.  I want to hug my kids.  I want to walk on the beach.  I want to see live music.  

For the love of god, I want to get my hair done.

I just got all caught up in enjoying hanging with Gary and Jake and earning a paycheck while wearing pajamas.  

And to be honest, I’m also worried about rejoining society.  I’m really, really scared of getting sick. Because as I write each day, it’s that fear which is propelling me.  I don’t want to leave the house until it’s at least somewhat safe.  I’m not ready yet and I doubt I will be ready anytime soon.

At least Donald didn’t “order” us back on May 1. As usual, his loudly touted presser last night was nothing more than his usual unhinged sociopathic speech without a real plan or strategy.  And please tell me how no one in mainstream media isn’t asking IS THE PRESIDENT HIGH?

People, I’ve done my share of drugs.  That dude arrives at the podium every night wasted out of his mind.

Unless, as some professionals insist, it’s frontotemporal dementia.

Either way, this whole thing is nuts and terrifying as hell.

I am definitely not putting my life in his tiny orange hands.

So I’m  not sure what my future holds.  I’m not joking when I say I have real claustrophobia and panic attack issues wearing a mask and I honestly don’t know how I will get to and from work when that day arrives.  I’m just hoping I have some more time at home to figure it out.

Like Gary said a few days or weeks ago, who knows, a pandemic isn’t the best time to make a life decision.

Anyway, yay it’s Friday.  Not that it matters in quarantine world, but it’s still the weekend and now that we’re out of Passover food jail, I’m thinking nachos tonight.

Omg, Gary’s nachos.  You have no idea.  He makes everything from scratch and it’s as close to nirvana as I get 😎

When I eat Gary’s nachos, everything is alright in the world.  For the moment, anyway, and that’s good enough for me.

Have an awesome weekend.