Monday, April 13, 2020

Day 29

Day 29, self quarantine 

Welcome to week five of the quarantine.

My bra and shoes are probably thinking I died.

One of them may never see me again 😜

So yeah, today marks one month since I last worked in my actual office.  I’m annoyed because this year my office wall calendar is twelve months of different David Bowie centerfolds and damn, I not only missed half of March, now I’m missing all of April.  I don’t even want to think about May.

Yeah, yeah,  beyond first world problems.

The news today is wild. There’s a swarm of locusts headed for Kenya, where the people are too sick with coronavirus to defend themselves.  The Krakatoa volcano is erupting.  There’s earthquakes happening internationally.

We’re getting insane weather here today, too, which includes the threat of thunder, lightning, ridiculous high winds and tornadoes.  

Sounds like the end of the world.

I’m beginning to think Mother Nature might be a little angry with us.

Conversely,  yesterday  was such a beautiful Easter Sunday I put on my spiffy new mask and we went for a drive. Pretty much everyone I saw had their face covered. I don’t know that I’m ever going to get used to this. I feel like an unwilling actor in Donald Trump’s cheesy science fiction reality show.  

Masks are difficult to breathe in and therefore not cool for a claustrophobic person with a history of panic attacks.  

So let me get this straight. Assuming I still have a job if and when it’s ever okay to go back to work, the only safe way for me to do it will be walking two miles wearing a mask?

Okayyyyy... 

This is where Gary’s whole One Day at a Time thing is very helpful.  I’m grateful he’s around to remind me of that hourly. 😎

Oh well.  I’m not feeling the work from home experience today but it looks like I’m not getting my wish for a power outage due to high winds until later this afternoon so I better drink some more coffee and get my sorry ass in gear.

Onward!