Monday, August 11, 2008

Slacker, slacker, slacker (but I am seeing King Crimson tonight)

Yes, I know. I've been slacking again. But in fairness to myself, I've been working on a new novel. God help me.

So tonight I'm going to see Adrian cheating on us King Crimson and I'm really stoked. Full report with be forthcoming, of course.

You'll never guess the real reason I'll be at the show this evening, though. So I'll let you in on a little secret.

Robert Fripp hired me to do a photo shoot!

Oh, I'm kidding. You guys know I have a warped sense of humor, right? But just to clarify, every single word of this post so far as concerns King Crimson, except for the fact that yep, barring any unforeseen events, I'll be at the Keswick Theater tonight, is me pulling your respective legs. And all joking aside, I am seriously, seriously excited about seeing this band in concert. Some of the reviews I've read have given me goosebumps.

And I'm also excited about the possibility of saying Hi to Sid Smith...we've corresponded for a couple of years now and it's groovy to have the chance to maybe meet him in person.

Meanwhile, do I believe that Julie, Eric and Adrian leave for Russia in two weeks? Should I be going out of my mind insane with worry that Russia is at war right now?

"Mom," said Eric. "Face it. The trio of terror causes typhoons, earthquakes, and blizzards. So why wouldn't you expect a war?"

True. But I'm still more than a little anxiety ridden.

In other news, there's a new CD on the Ayler record label, and it features none other than Eric Slick on drums; Elliott Levin on sax and vocals, and Jair-Rohm Parker Wells on bass. Here's the direct link to have a listen and purchase it.

Also, I've been trolling the web and have stumbled on some really great shots of Adrian, Julie, Eric in Canada, and a cool pic of their dad. Well, not Adrian's dad har har, but Papa Slick, who is sitting at John and Peters in the audience watching his son on drums and mandolin with Chris Harford. Normally I keep a list of where I find these photos so I can credit and link the photographer, but apparently I had a melt-down and forgot so if you stumble on this blog and are responsible for any of the below pics, shoot me an email and I'll give you a shout out and a link. Cool? Cool.









Finally, here's a link to a download of Eric's show with Chris Harford at John & Peters last weekend. It's awesome.

I think that's it for now. I'm a little overwhelmed with lots and lots of stuff at the moment but hope to get back on track shortly.

Later,
xo

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:24 PM

    whats the name of cd eric plays on ayler records

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 AM

    What's this, no pictures or review from the the crim show... ;-)

    ReplyDelete