Friday, August 12, 2022

WOODSTOCK


 So music camp ended this morning but Gary and I decided to hang in Woodstock at another hotel tonight because Julie et al are playing a sold out show here.


We drove around 30 miles to the center of town, which is all kinds of hippie charming, and Julie texted us to meet her at a really cool vegan restaurant where we could eat with Jasper.


We’re at our table sipping tea when I look up and who is standing there right in front of me waiting to grab a seat.


Neil Fucking Gaiman.


“Hi, Neil!”


“Robin?”


(I refer you to my blog and short stories for my Neil Gaiman history)


“Yep, we’re in town blah blah blah Julie has show here tonight blah blah blah. This is Julie obviously and this is my husband, Gary.”


Gary’s like, “Hey, Neil!”


Neil turns to Julie.


“You’re the drummer, right?”


“No, that’s my brother, Eric.  I play bass.”


“Nice!  Right after lunch I have to pick my son up at the School of Rock.  He’s taking drum lessons, or trying.”


Omg, Neil’s six year old son is following in my kids’ footsteps har har har.


What are the odds? 😜


So that’s my story, everyone around me was all impressed I’m friendly with Neil, and who knows, maybe he’ll show up at Julie’s gig tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment