Saturday, February 26, 2022

Trouble Every Day


It’s one horrifying thing after another, isn’t it?

The pandemic, an insurrection, more pandemic, anti-vaccine people, more pandemic, anti-gay legislation, more pandemic, and now a war.

Oh, and a pro-Putin authoritarian Republican party with what appears to be a sole platform: white supremacy.

So forgive me if I have abandoned my promise to be kind to everyone, I wasn’t on social media for more than five seconds today before I shouted, “oh my god, shut up you ridiculous boring muppets, no one cares!”

Trust me, I know it’s awful, but I’m being honest.

So I’m not going to tell you what a great week we had with Julie here (we did!) or give any details other than here’s a pic of us headed to the Italian Market this morning, where we purchased bread from Sarcone’s and vast amounts of cheese, artichokes and olives from Claudio’s.  

At least for today, we intend to escape the world’s problems with caprese sandwiches.


Actually, until 2:30 today, that is, when we have to drive Julie to the airport.

Sob.

And then it’s back to the news and figuring out how we can best help.

Hang in there, everyone. Stay informed but don’t overdo it.  Trust me on that, too.

More when I can be civil 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment