Sunday, December 12, 2004

This pretty much says it all...



If there's anyone out there who doesn't recognize this painting, it's Picasso's Melancholy Woman.

I'm taking a few days off to re-evaluate my entire freaking life.

No, seriously, I'm suffering extreme post-partum depression since I finished the first draft of The Tour and I've got to really throw myself into the edit, as well as write the sequel to Three Days in New York City as well as finish illustrating and writing a series of stories for one of my favorite magazines.

And have I mentioned my nine to five job is killing me? Another week like the one I just had and I may be able to apply for Social Security disability benefits due to stress and chronic high blood pressure (sad but true). Hence the remark about re-evaluating my life. Just how much does a fancy salary matter when I need to spend every morning gulping down half a bottle of Pepto Bismol?

So all that, and I think my kids will be extremely upset with me if I don't get my ass in gear and start buying them some Christmas presents and baking some cookies and at least putting on a happy face even though I'm slowing dying inside.

Worse, someone has to clean this house and I guess I'm elected. Oh do I ever hate domestic goddess duties, because as a goddess, I shouldn't have to demean myself thusly. I just started moving things around. Holy cow, I actually found a Tower gift card from last year I never used. That just doesn't happen!

Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. you are my HERO! I can't believe how you ripped this draft out of yourself so quickly and beautifully. I can't wait to read the finished product when it's published (as it will be!). Thanks for inspiring me, Robin!

    ReplyDelete