Monday, June 11, 2018

Rainy days and Mondays....

I’m too freaked out by that imbecile in the White House and his hideous scumbag supporters this past week to do anything other than post a video of Jake and refer you to another couple cool videos and stuff.  The above video was shot by Tete Crudite, Julie's bff, who lives in Spain and is currently staying with us.  Julie, Tete, and Gary take Jake to Lemon Hill in Fairmount Park for a run a few times a week, and Tete, who is an accomplished videographer, made us this awesome movie of Jakey in the park, complete with the world's best soundtrack.

Actually, speaking of the imbecile, this did make me smile last night:



In other news, if you didn't wake up early enough on Saturday to catch our Natalie on CBS This Morning, they were kind enough to post the video, and I have to tell you, Natalie was pretty spectacular so here you go...first up is the song she wrote about my son, Eric, and then full video of two additional tunes she did, not all of which were seen on TV:







If you didn't have a chance to see Julie and the Adrian Belew Power Trio perform at the Iridium in NYC last week, they were also kind enough to record and post the live stream but you have to be a Facebook person to access it - here's the link:  https://www.facebook.com/TheIridium/

Oy, what a day.  I think I've been awake for 72 hours.  I couldn't sleep on Friday night, Saturday I was catatonic in New York City but got my second wind at the Iridium seeing Julie on stage, we didn't get out of there until well after 1::00 AM, then of course got stuck in godawful traffic and none of our iPhones were working or GPS because of all the skyscrapers...we've been to NYC oh maybe 1,000,000 times and we were all so tired, we stroked out and couldn't find the Lincoln Tunnel.  When we finally did, the street was blocked off for a murder or something, then unbelievable, got involved in another traffic jam from hell leading into the tunnel at 1:45 AM...had to make bathroom stops on the way home blah blah blah and didn't even arrive in Mount Yanni I mean Mount Laurel, NJ until 2:30 AM...collapsed into house at 3:00 AM, and then, woo hoo, fell asleep at 4:00 AM only to have a hideous nightmare that I was walking Jake, he got off the leash, and was being chased by a vicious German Shepherd.  In my dream, I was running and having a heart attack at the same time, so naturally I woke up at 4:30 AM with my heart pounding out of my chest, unable to breathe, and not sure if I was really  having a coronary or simply a panic attack from no sleep and not enough food.  I managed to climb over a comatose Gary and made my way downstairs for some cold water, where my panic attack bloomed into something full fledged and I wrapped myself in a blanket and sat shaking on the sofa until around 6AM.  Mercifully, I fell asleep until around 8, when Julie came downstairs.

The pressure was on me big time to sleep last night, and you would think I would have, but refer to the word, "pressure"...

So, here I am at work, trying to focus with only a couple hours sleep since Thursday night, but hey, at least I can never say my life is dull.

Let's see, what else.  I know I've talked about how Gary turned into this amazing vegetarian/vegan chef...he felt so bad for me last night he cooked me my favorite restorative meal - made from scratch minestrone.  I took a pic, because that's what I do, and gosh, I wish I could just go back to posting about music and food like I did before November 8, 2016, but life as we know it has been forever altered...sigh...


Check out what he puts in there - fresh spinach, corn, beans, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, celery, basil and oregano that he grows in our little ghetto garden...Gary is the man.

Finally, Facebook gave me a couple of flashback photos from last year- this same date last year in fact - of my beautiful family so I think I'll post them, too, because I really need to be able to come back here and smile later...I have a bad feeling about trade wars and Singapore etc. :(  One more thing about that - I read something about how the (not my) President is able to get away with everything and never alienate his idiot base, even though he is a racist and homophobe.  It's because this whole thing is not about him - it's about getting under the skin of liberals.  His basket of deplorables are so thrilled to their rotting cores that we are all stroking out that it's really all their limited intelligence can soak in and they just want it to go on.  I mean, seriously, can you imagine being stupid enough to listen to Fox News and people like Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Carlson, etc.? I mean, can you really have that much shit for brains?  Or, are you simply interested in hating those who are smarter, believe in religious freedom, and have better educations? 

Sorry, I just can't handle stupidity.

Okay, back to pics of my family.  Below is Julie and me, same date last year, getting ready to go out for cocktails.  Below that, is Gary, Julie and me, following her gig at the Ardmore Music Hall last May, and finally, also same time last year, Eric, Julie, Gary and me following what has become (sob) a very rare dinner out together.  Have I mentioned how much I love these guys?





Okay, that's a wrap for now.  Stay strong, stay sane.  And start making plans to take to the streets.

xo