Saturday, October 13, 2007

Project Object on Tour: Montana! Asbury Park! Philadelphia!



Oh.My.God. That's Eric Slick on drums with Project Object performing Montana Thursday night in New York. This band is so good it's ridiculous - hope a lot of you can get to the upcoming shows - tonight at Asbury Lanes and tomorrow -- where I will finally get to see my first performance by this incarnation of the band -- at World Cafe Live.

So my brilliant film director/screenwriter pal Kimberly Wetherell attended the New York show last night and was so excited she emailed me twice from her Blackberry while at the concert:

"between your son and the zappa, I may effing die right here right now and my life would be complete. oxox -- k"

"This is where I'm standing... This is amazing! Wish u were here. Xoxo"




Man, I wish I could have been there last night, too, but I am so busy it's ridiculous. Speaking of that, just a reminder -- I'm moderating a panel today on behalf of Philadelphia Stories...click on the link for details but to sum it up, I'll be talking about the business of networking as concerns selling your book, and that will be at 1:15 p.m. and run for about an hour, after which I will be at Robin's Bookstore for a reading at 4:00 p.m. - for more details click here.

Later,
xo

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 PM

    ahem... I can't believe you posted my emails on your blog. (blushing like a schoolgirl) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this talk about shows in the East, but when, oh Mama Slick, will the band be in SoCali? I seem to recall you promising some West Coast gigs in the Fall. It's Fall now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn that sounds good...I'm so torn, I cant make any local gigs, but that vid looks like the drive to Lancaster will be well worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ill grant some self indulgence and say to 'night'; dude, I drove 18 hours round trip through snow and the Blueridge mountains to see adrian and the power trio record side 4 live; you can make a gig in PA! These guys ALL throw down irrefutable rock, crunch and soul baby. You gotta go!!;-D

    Robin Im just feeling a little blue tonight, killin some time and thought I would toss you another note. Thank you for the heads up on Fripp, I dont know about you, but I have my ticket. Im flying solo for this one and got the last available front row balcony seat, just left of center. I think this will be a more eyes closed, head back kind of experience, ya know? Unlike, uh whats the name of that band again? (hahaha.) God I love the east coast!

    xo
    p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I had to. They were just so cute. And apparently others felt the same way about the show and noticed YOU...you actually made the Frank Zappa forum board because really, who else could they have been talking about?
    http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12723&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

    Carolyn, I do have west coast tour news but it's not official yet... if it goes off as planned, yep, San Diego in February.

    Night, hi, nice to meet you. Yeah, I'd like to make that Lancaster gig myself and you never know - after I see them tomorrow in Philly I may need another fix.

    Aw, don't be blue, Pete. Life's too short. At least that's what I've been telling myself and it seems to be working. Fripp on the 5th sounds most excellent and yeah, I am a definite fan of the east coast but I am getting to the point where I will go where the music is if you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete