Sunday, February 11, 2007

A major snow? Oh say it isn't so!


My youngest son, Monty, frolicking during our last blizzard

So like for the first time in...ever...I am actually praying for no snow this week. The schedule around here is so crazy and awesome...but yikes, if we get a blizzard we're in big trouble.

Anyway, here's some of the cool stuff going on.

Right now Eric is on his way out the door.

"Where ya goin', Er?"

"I'm going to Rock School to hang out with Jon Anderson."

Jon's in town to do a bunch of shows. Eric first met Jon in 2005 when he played a gig with him at the LA Knitting Factory -- they did an amazing version of Heart of the Sunrise which they also recorded together on the Rock School Soundtrack.

Speaking of Jon Anderson...it gets crazier, but continuing on with this week...

5:00 tonight Eric heads for Wilmington, Delaware to rehearse with Project Object for their gig at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this coming Wednesday, February 14.

Yeah, he's flying to Cleveland on Wednesday, just when they're expecting the snow.

Okay, I'm just not going to allow myself to think about that.

The next day, Gary and Julie load their gear into our Jeep and take off for Cleveland where Julie and Eric will perform with Adrian Belew at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, February 15.

Friday, February 16, the Adrian Belew Power Trio performs at The Canal Street Tavern in Dayton, Ohio.

Saturday, February 17, the Adrian Belew Power Trio performs at The Southgate House in Newport, KY where they will record their new CD, Side 4 Live, in front of, you guessed it, a live audience.

Sunday morning Gary and Eric are going to load all of the gear back into the Jeep and take the eight hour drive back to Philadelphia. Julie, on the other hand, is getting on a plane for New York City, where Jon Anderson has requested that she record his two shows at B.B. Kings House of Blues on Sunday, February 18 and Monday, February 19. It appears that both of these shows are sell-outs but I'm not entirely sure.

So yeah, my daughter is going to go straight from recording her first CD as a performer with Adrian Belew to producing a Jon Anderson CD within two-three days of each other.

I know I've said it before, but in my next life, I really want to come back as my kids.

So now you know why it simply cannot snow this week. Everyone say magical chants, light candles, do whatever it is you do.

Later,
xo

10 comments:

  1. I hope we get that snow you don't want.

    I was contacted tonight by some Warner Brothers casting people for a reality tv show. Ha! Did they contact you, too? If not, I'll put you in touch. I'm assuming this is ripple effect - the power of Gaiman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, but I somehow doubt I'm the reality tv show type...

    What's their plan, to put a bunch of writers together on a desert island with only one computer and no internet? And then watch us all canibalize each other?

    But sure, put me in touch. The mind boggles at the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to fish through my mail and find it. Something about a free world cruise. I wrote back something like, You're shitting me? And I got a slightly testy response explaining how important everyone was and how lucky I was to have their home emails. And then they listed a bunch of stuff I was meant to recognize but, you know me, I don't watch tv. The casting person (the testy one) said she just did some show about INXS about finding a singer??? So I thought, maybe Robin's interested.

    Let me read the note carefully and make sure I'm allowed to forward it. And if yes, you're in!

    Supposedly the snow is coming to Long Island but will be maybe 2 inches before it turns to rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Hey Robin. I loved you post on the Phillies world series win.

    I thought you might be interested in this:

    http://www.thisisthis.org/2007/02/12/21-october-1980/

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy, Susan, there are few things I hate worse than reality tv...other than maybe tv itself.

    I can just imagine the premise. They're going to pit authors against each other for the grand prize -- a publishing contract.

    Bah! Like we need them.

    And I happened to be strolling past the family room one night when the kids were snickering over that INXS show. Poor Michael Hutchence is spinning around in his grave.

    Aw, Cliff, thanks for the kind words. And this you can't believe. Tug and I were neighbors for years...even drank at the same bar. He gave my kids front row VIP seats/passes to the Thanksgiving Day Parade back in 1990. Tragically, he died of the very same thing that killed my mother...as I read in that poignant blogpost but of course already knew...when he was first diagnosed and said "I'm going to beat this!" my stomach sank and I said to myself "No. No, you aren't."

    Ugh, it's one of the most brutal deaths around -- no one deserves it...certainly not Tug, certainly not my mother. Two years of agony and praying for a miracle you don't want to believe isn't going to happen.

    But yeah, the 1980 Phillies. And the 1975 Flyers. Simpler times, huh. And a hell of a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying for no snow too Robin. Gosh, I want to go so badly. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. But I'm hesitant to book a flight back for the Side Four show in Newport because of the freakin' snow. I've never driven on icy streets. I can just see it now... some horror story on the 6 o'clock news. No thanks. It's not fair. I'm ready willing and able to go, but NOOOOOO - the weather decides. :( And just so I'm not fuzzy, you are not going to the shows?! The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the recording of Side Four with Adrian Belew!!! Shit. Can I use your ID? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Robin
    Kevin from the tribe here. Sorry for the bad news, but, I live about 45 minutes northwest of Cincy and about an hour southwest of Dayton and we got about 4-5 inches of snow and it has been raining/sleet/freezing rain on and off all day, that stuff is supose to end soon but another 2-4 inches of snow are expected. The good news is they are doing an admirable job of keeping the streets passable. I have tickets for both Canal Street and Southgate House and plan on being there. The local forecast clears up after tommorow!
    looking forward to seeing your kids and adrian rock up the place!
    Kevinw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Eric flies tomorrow, Rena...I'm pretty queasy over that, especially as concerns the weather in Ohio and all the ice we have here.

    And Kevin, I really appreciate that update. I feel a bit better - you guys are used to snow and can deal with it a lot better than we can. Our city is in a panic right now...you know, doing the cliched thing of running to the supermarket and buying all the bread, milk, and rock salt. And we do have a jeep with four wheel drive...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Hey Robin,

    Vikki in Akron, Ohio. I am kinda ground control for Ike here. Ike is here the boys are not-all flights cancelled. We will do a 70 min Q &A, Ike will play a couple of tunes (provided I find him a guitar-Andre was bringing it originally), maybe insert some video. after the show we hope to get to the Beachland Ballroom for "That one Guy" if you are here you are welcome to join us. Anyone can for that matter. I am planning on leaving 2 hours to get there from Akron-Ususally takes me 20 min. UGHHHHH let me know if you are going to be here and we can hook up-e-mail me at www.museekmanagement@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:13 AM

    oops-sorry you can email me at museekmanagement@aol no www
    Anyone interested in hooking up feel free to e-mail-

    ReplyDelete