Monday, August 07, 2006

Samba with me, baby...(oy)



"Normally a trip to Buenos Aires would make anybody excited, but investment banker Justine is hardly enthused. On business with two male companions, one of whom once rejected her advances, Justine is certain the trip will be as boring as her job.

After a few drinks and the dulcet tones of handsome Dario's guitar, Justine's mood improves, and she resolves to enjoy herself. But with whom will Justine spend the noche, enigmatic Dario or playful Christopher, the former object of her affection?

From the author of Three Days in New York City comes this hilarious, sexy Samba.
"

Sooo...yeah, I admit it, I dabbled in a bit of erotica again -- I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself. If that little tease has you interested, you can read the (ha ha NC17-rated) excerpt and if you are still intrigued after that and want to make Phaze and yours truly very happy, you can purchase the entire 7,000 word Samba for the low, low price of $2.00 right here!

And of course if you would like to hear me read said excerpt, along with excerpts from Three Days in New York City and Another Bite of the Apple, please join me in New York City this Friday evening at The Happy Ending Lounge. Here's the official press release:

"Several Phaze authors will give New York an earful this Friday. Phaze authors will be doing a book reading on Friday, August 11, 2006 between 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Happy Ending located at 302 Broome Street. The authors will be reading from their published works at Phaze as well as read from their personal collections, which will include short stories, excerpts from novels and poetry.

Authors participating in this event are Leigh Ellwood, Robin Slick, Petula Caesar, Stella Price, Alessia Brio, Cassidy Kent, Will Belegon and Bianca D'Arc.

After the reading, authors will be signing their work, which will include CDs and print copies of their books."


I actually found that press release on a brand new search engine that my good friend Ellen Meister turned me on to -- I think it's better than even Google! Here's the link for LIVE!.

Naturally, being an OCD freak, I immediately "lived" myself (I guess that's the word we're supposed to use instead of "googling" ourselves?) and found a photo I didn't know existed along with a review of my reading at Community College which I did know existed but since it's probably the best review I've ever had, what the hell, I will post it again, this time with the photo. (By the way, I am wearing a black t-shirt, but it's got a pic of Bob Dylan on it which is why I look uncharacteristically dressed in another color. Trust me on this. There are no other colors in my world, other than dungarees and I've even taken to wearing black jeans/baggy black khakis lately instead of the usual blue)



"...Finally, Robin Slick, novelist and former editor of Philadelphia Stories Magazine, discussed her first novel, Three Days in New York City. The sequel to this novel, Another Bite of the Apple, will be available soon. Instead of reading a portion of her novel, Robin treated the audience to a mini memoir, sharing her experiences of feeling like “a dork” while attending a reading and book signing with her twenty-something rock star son. Her memoir brought this otherwise mundane event to life. It was witty, riddled with humor, and true to life. The audience felt the simultaneous thrill of meeting a writer she admired and the utter mortification of her son being forced to endure his mother’s actions as an adoring fan."

Of course, this was the essay I read about my "pal" Neil Gaiman, and hmm, that reminds me, I still need to get that piece published somewhere. I'd sort of forgotten about it...but anyway, speaking of LIVE!, holy cow, when I clicked on images for Neil, I entered some sort of nirvana/utopia because there are literally 7,423 photos, many of which I'd never seen before, such as this one:



Deep breaths, Susan, okay?

Yeah, I know. The combo of that photo along with my above-linked erotica excerpts are almost too much to bear on a Monday morning, so I will leave you guys alone now to, um, reflect, and I will be back later with tons of music news...after all, the Adrian Belew Power Trio kicks off the east coast portion of their tour tomorrow night in New York City and I can't even believe this, but it's going to be the first time I see them! So that's at least two days I'll be spending in New York this week -- the show tomorrow night and my reading on Friday -- and who knows, maybe I can act out my first novel and spend Three Days in NYC!

(Shameless self-promotion, I know, but in case you can't make it to NYC Friday night, that's the link for an autographed copy. Oy. I suck at this. I must now slink off out of cyberworld and work on my new novel so I can stop blushing and self-flaggelating myself)

Later,
xo

1 comment:

  1. Shhh...that is Richie. Heather is hitting him with some heavy duty alimony/child support and he needed to earn some quick cash.

    You have no idea what else I made him do.

    (Like, I made him sit still and listen to John Lennon and Lou Reed and The Talking Heads)

    And I'm never going to live that tongue thing down, ever. Those people just won't go away. What's sad is that I bet not one of them has ever written to his/her congressman/woman about things that really matter.

    ReplyDelete