Tuesday, November 01, 2005

More Les Paul w/ Eric Slick, Max DiMezza, and C.J. Tywoniak





The trouble with having a son for a drummer is that it's hard to get a good shot because he's always blocked by either cymbals or another musician. But good old Carolyn Pagnotta -- my son's girlfriend -- managed to get these pics of Les Paul watching Rock School Hall of Famers Eric Slick, Max DiMezza, and C.J. Tywoniak pay tribute to him despite a packed room and a tiny stage. You can see by the look of joy on Les Paul's face that he was wowed by Eric, Max, and C.J. To be honest, C.J.'s brilliant rendition of Brazil had my jaw dropping, too -- I'm used to C.J. being a shredder and to hear him execute that song so Les-like brought tears of joy to my eyes. And Max's bass playing is always wonderful...he's in a band called Atlas and I'm sure they must have a My Space site if anyone is inclined to go check them out. I think C.J. has a site as well - I'm so tired it's all I can do to write this post today let alone provide links but if you strike out, just write to me and I'll find them when I come back to life.

I'm still not ready to talk about England. There's just so much I want to tell, so much I can't tell...and as usual, I have a million photos but they are all on Julie and Matt's laptops so I may as well wait until I'm in a better head and I have the benefit of the photos to go with each little vignette.

Tonight, however, I will be at Voices and Visions bookstore on 4th Street for a reading on behalf of Philadelphia Stories where I am former fiction editor -- a brilliant writer friend of mine, Randall Brown, will be among the readers and I wouldn't miss that for the world. And today is the start of National Novel Writing Month - 50,000 words in 30 days -- so I've got to really get on with that right now because it means 3,000 words a day until November 30.

Piece o'cake.

Right.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

No comments:

Post a Comment