Monday, November 08, 2004

Yin Yang



It never fails. I have a really good day and then something gets fucked up later.

It's freezing in here, the weather guy says frost and worse for the next few days, so I think, okay, even though I hate my basement I'm going down. I have gas heat so I better make sure everything is cool before I turn it on and blow myself up. The kids are at a Project Object concert tonight and I'd hate for them to come home and find pieces of bloody flesh all over the walls. So I work up the guts (cos' I'm also convinced there's critters of some sort living in my cellar) but as it turns out, the door is blocked by a PA system on top of which is a precarious stack of CDs, books, and a half eaten Reese's peanut butter cup.

Note to self: Crack down on domestic goddess duties or make the kids your slaves...or better yet, get them to clean up after themselves without coming off as a nag. Or just say Fuck it who cares like you always do.

Anyway, so now I can't go downstairs so I decide Hey, I know, I'll light the season's first fire in the fireplace.

I dunno, I thought I opened the flue but apparently not. I managed to avert disaster but couldn't get the fire alarm to stop going off. I had to stand on a chair and remove the battery.

So yeah, back to reality. I feel like I just ran a marathon. Didn't buy the Stella yet but I do have Yuengling.

No comments:

Post a Comment