Thursday, September 24, 2020

Day 194


Day 194, self quarantine:

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Man, it’s not easy being hopeful these days.

I just kind of got sick of the world yesterday.  I went on Twitter and everyone was all death and destruction so I put down my phone and listened to college radio and then I got mad at the radio station for too many gimmicks and not enough good music and then I felt guilty about that and sweating small stuff in general...

So yesterday he said he’s not leaving.

He actually said he cannot guarantee there will be a peaceful transition of power if he loses.

HOW DARE HE.

Joe Biden said it best after Donald’s outrageous remark yesterday.

“What country is this?”

Indeed.  

I’ve been asking myself that question since November 8, 2016.

Welp, I guess we’re going to find out.

I wish I could move to New Zealand.

Like, today.

And then the news came down on Breonna Taylor.

I was afraid to turn on the news this morning.

Today isn’t going to be good.

How much more can this country take?

We’re so exhausted and broken.

If we have compassionate hearts and any intelligence, that is.

Which apparently a third of Americans do not.

In other news, the rug came yesterday and not a child’s outdoor chair and now the only question is, how long will it remain rolled up in plastic taking up half of the dining room before I can get Gary to roll up the red one and lay this one?

Sigh... I don’t think either of us are in the mood.

We’re trying but as I’m sure you’re feeling, too, months of quarantine and fear and divisiveness and missing the family are really taking a toll.

Even a new rug doesn’t feel all that exciting.

Maybe I’m just overtired.  I’ve been putting in ten hour days at work this week and not sleeping well at night.

On top of worrying and weeping over current events.

Again, I’m sure I’m not alone.

Okay, deep breaths. Life is too short to be miserable.  Time to whip out the gratitude list.

Or not.

Maybe later.

Meh, I think some days it’s okay to be miserable.

If you’re happy all the time, you’re a freak.

I know a few of those always happy nitwits and I want to slap them.

Sigh... I can tell you this.  They’re not musicians, writers, or artists.

Okay, clearly it’s time to watch food tv and forget about everything.

Maybe we’ll get lucky today and he’ll die.

Maybe they all will.

Yo, karma?  Are you listening?

Where the hell are you?

Here’s to better days.

Happy Thursday, I guess.