Monday, September 07, 2020

Day 177



Day 177, self quarantine:

Monday, September 7, 2020

Happy Labor Day!

I thought I would do the weekly apocalypse Trader Joe senior shopping pic of Jake and me in noir today.

I’m feeling kind of dark.

Sigh.

Yeah, I’m miserable this morning, the last day of vacation will do that to a person.

I can’t believe how this pandemic has changed everything.

I can’t believe how it’s changed me personally and literally all of my plans for the immediate future.

I have a whole new appreciation of how short life is.  

Does it make me a bad person if I only want to do things that make me happy now?

Last night, Gary and I talked about renting an RV and taking an open ended cross country trip.

This is a new development.

I’m intrigued.  

Eric and Natalie have a huge backyard. 😂😂😂

We miss our kids and this pandemic isn’t ending any time soon.

So now I’m googling all about RV rentals.

This could happen, but the window is closing.  I’m not driving in snow/ice.

Omg, how is summer over?

Did we even have summer?

I’m exhausted.

Anyway, now I have a new fantasy.

So did you hear what Donald did? 😂😂😂

When he went to Paris, INSTEAD OF VISITING GRAVES OF MARINES.

After canceling his trip to the French cemetery, Donald ordered several pieces of art removed from the U.S. ambassador to France's residence and loaded onto Air Force 1 to bring back to the White House.


In other words, he’s like your drunk aunt - the one who takes a big handbag to the Olive Garden and steals the salad tongs and salt and pepper shakers.

There’s white trash in the white house, folks.

This story barely made a ripple yesterday what with fresh news of Trump mocking the military and ending federal training on white privilege and critical race theory:


Apparently, last week’s story about Trump berating the military was just the tip of the iceberg and there’s a lot more coming.


What a shame. 😂😂😂

So with nothing else as his platform, Donald is going full racist/white supremacist out in the open now.

And his base is eating it up, but we have to remember this: 

WE ARE THE MAJORITY.

If we all vote, he’s going to lose in a humiliating landslide.

If we all vote.

Sigh...

So what’s everyone doing today?  

We’re hanging here by ourselves, BIG SURPRISE.

I’m kinda glad about that, my stomach is tied up in knots about work and decisions blah blah blah.

If I still drank, I would be cracking the bottle open now.

And Gary really hasn’t barbecued once since we became bird fanatics and the cardinals actually perch on our barbecue as a diving board to the bird bath so I think we’re having pasta for dinner tonight.

Labor Day during a pandemic featuring just Gary and me eating pasta indoors sounds about right.

Have fun whatever you’re not doing. 😎



No comments:

Post a Comment