Monday, August 03, 2020

Day 142


Day 142, self quarantine:

Monday, August 3, 2020

Welcome to week whatever.

Woo, I’m calmer today because I have no choice, but understand why I flipped out yesterday.

This is a country hurting.

There are NONE of us who haven’t been affected by this virus.  We either know someone who had it or someone who died from it.  If somehow you don’t, then you at least know someone who lost their job or a business that closed.

Whether your life has been turned upside down or you’ve merely been inconvenienced, you’ve been affected.

But while forty million Americans out of work are having nightmares about the abrupt end of the $600 weekly federal lifeline, and, the virus raged unchecked, this weekend PotusVirus went golfing.

And when he wasn’t golfing, Donald tweeted horrible, divisive comments that created chaos and anger, where a real President, a real person, not human garbage, would be a calming force, someone who cared about all citizens, not just the ones who “like him” and would try to allay our fears and work with the House and Senate through the weekend 24/7 until whenever a deal was reached so that no one out of work would have to worry about food and shelter.

Or dying.

I just don’t understand the cruelty.

I never will.

And in the name of Christianity.

Mind boggling that Evangelical Christians don’t see through his hypocrisy.

Well, on second thought...they’re PFS (pretty fucking stupid)

😂😂😂😂😂😂

So Gary, Jake and I went for a drive to get out of the house before I imploded.  Here’s the obligatory pic of Jake and me while we waited for Gary to buy fresh corn so he could make corn fritters for dinner.

Because comfort food.  Omg.  So good.



At the beginning of quarantine, I had a hard time getting Jake to sit still for the camera, now he’s like yeah, whatever, how’s this pose?

When we got home, the bird bath and feeder were here so we set them up all excited, put on the hockey game — yay Flyers — and kept watching out the screen door.

Lou and Georgette stopped by, but they only ate birdseed on the ground and didn’t use the feeder or swoop by for a drink at cocktail hour.

Those birds better eat and drink at Casa Slick at their newly refurbished expensive digs or I’m never gonna hear the end of it from Gary.

Steve and Eydie, however, dined at their picnic table all day.  It’s freaking hilarious.

Maybe Gary can pick them up some dinnerware next time he’s at Aldi.

Gary’s actually pissed at those two wacky squirrels, he thinks they’re scaring off the cardinals.

Oy.

I can’t believe all this drama in my little garden.  Nature is so amazing.

So this is a big week.  Biden is going to name his choice for Vice President.  I’m happy with everyone on the short list.  I admit to favoring someone but there’s no one who’s a dealbreaker.

And Trump is going to resign. I feel it. 😜

And I guess...if any Republicans want to get re-elected...this week will also bring some sort of deal on a federal unemployment stimulus package.

You realize my entire family was receiving those benefits.

My kids’ living has been ripped out from under them.

So yeah, I’m a little emotional.

That, and every day for the past month, all of my Facebook memories are Gary and me and the kids at the beach or Gary and me at concerts seeing Eric, Natalie and Julie play. Every time I see a photo my eyes tear up.

Also, seeing Julie Saturday night “live” streaming just made us miss her all the more.

Damn,  that concert though.  “The Fish” was so brilliant.

Oh to see Julie play that in
person.

This virus has taken so much.

Anyway, in better news, as long as Philadelphia doesn’t get slammed with a hurricane or anything else, Eric will be here, staying at Casa Slick, Thursday-Saturday.

Gary and I are so excited it’s almost heartbreaking.

This is when working remotely really pays off.

So, to recap:  This week will bring news of a great female Vice President, full extension of federal unemployment, Trump’s resignation, and, a couple of days with my son.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Happy Monday.