Sunday, June 21, 2020

Day 99


Day 99, self quarantine:

Happy Sunday, Happy Father’s Day, Happy Day 99 of the apocalypse.

I know a lot of people are returning to work and life as they allegedly knew it tomorrow, including some in my office, but as I’ve said all along, not me.

I’ve read too much about coronavirus and respect our country’s doctors and scientists rather than listen to a deranged, snake oil salesman and Fox news.

I’m staying home.

And this journal will continue.

So we don’t have any plans today, the weather is a little iffy.  I bought Gary some vinyl which hopefully Amazon will deliver later.  I asked him if he wanted me to cook dinner tonight for his special day and he laughed.

“No thanks, I’m making those cauliflower potato vegan burgers you’ve been yapping about,” he said.

Well, gee, if you put it that way...

So it will be a low key Father’s Day and that’s fine.  We really aren’t Hallmark holiday people and omg, autocorrect just wrote “penis” instead of people.

Probably because I call Trump Penis Breath a lot on Twitter.

Anyway, we’re not Hallmark holiday penises, either.

I’m sitting here laughing like a ten year old.

I actually started laughing last night when I read nobody showed up for Bunker Boi’s Nazi rally.

Omg he called the people who did show up “warriors.”

Jesus, I thought they were suicidal psychopaths.

Oh right, they are.

I’ll be smiling about last night’s debacle all day and hopefully through Joe Biden’s inauguration.

Twitter was brutal last night, making fun of him.

Maybe like those cheap pans that can kill you, teflon Don’s poisonous appeal is chipping off in decayed, rotting pieces.

And I am so here for that.

So today’s plan is to  begin watching Top Chef season 1 this morning and begin my rock painting project.

Speaking of Top Chef, this was the best season ever.

It was all about cooking.  The chefs were great and likable and in the end, I would have been happy with any of them.

But...SPOILER COMING...my person won.

I’m such a sap, I sat here crying.

My choice never wins.

And now I’m such a dork, I’m following her on Instagram.

She’s advertising for a cute girl to join her on a motorcycle ride through Italy.

I’m wishing I was eligible.

Wait, I have to interject right now  because I have the news on in the background and two items caught my attention:

Someone just paid $6M for Kurt Cobain’s guitar.

A plastic surgeon in Cherry Hill is doing booming business performing multiple procedures on people who are dismayed how they look on Zoom.

Cool, cool, apparently Idiocracy was a documentary.

Yeah, yeah, I already knew that.

Oy vey.

In happier news, at least to me, I’m leaving you with some of my favorite Papa Slick pics.

This is one of those times I wish Gary were on Facebook but I’ll show him when he wakes up.

Anyhoo...

Time to get my day started.

I guess I can’t call you fellow apocalypse dudes anymore since many of you are rejoining society, so be safe and have fun.

TTYL.