Thursday, June 18, 2020

Day 96


Day 96, self quarantine:

Omg, I overslept!  No time for any wise words from my apocalypse to yours other than to quickly say Hi and tell you Gary made a pasta dish last night that was INSANE and so easy I thought I’d share the recipe.
    • 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
    • 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, torn into irregular pieces
    • 1 cup cleaned fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
    • 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
    • 1 cup best quality olive oil
    • salt to taste
    • 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
    • 1 1/2 pounds linguine
    • freshly grated imported Parmesan cheese (optional)
    1. 1. Combine tomatoes, brie, basil, garlic, 1 cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl. Prepare at least 2 hours before serving and set aside, covered, at room temperature 
  1. (We did this overnight.  We also used roasted garlic because I don’t like raw garlic)

    1. 2. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the linguine and boil until al dente, about 10 minutes. 
    2. 3. Drain pasta and immediately toss with the tomato sauce. Serve immediately. 
    3. *****************
  2. Okay, that’s my public service announcement for today - I have a complicated project at work which I have to finish this morning.

Oh.  How about that Bolton book and Bunker Boi’s reaction.  There’s no convincing me that he’s not headed to Oklahoma Saturday so that the pandemic rages sufficiently for him to cancel the election or scare people into not voting.

But can you wrap your mind around the narcissism, stupidity and pure evil behind the decision to hold a vanity Nazi rally in the middle of a pandemic where the numbers are skyrocketing and the Tulsa Health Department is PLEADING with the psychopath to postpone it but he won’t.

How is what he’s planning not called MURDER?

Or to quote my bewildered husband, “HOW IS HE NOT IN PRISON?”

How is anyone planning on attending not in a mental institution?

Oh, right, we don’t have them anymore because Republicans.

Fuck it.  I’m moving to Canada.

Peace and love, apocalypse dudes.