Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Day 95



Happy Wednesday morning!

I always sneak in what day it is so I can remind myself since every day is the same during quarantine and all I know at this point is it’s 2020.

Oy, what a year.  I remember thinking January would never end when we were reeling in shock over Kobe Bryant.

Anyway, behold my house with a screen door and light pouring in!

Seriously, am I right about French doors in this room or what? Wouldn’t they be amazing?

As would hardwood floors.

They’re next 😎

So the yard still contains some trash bags and some assorted remaining junk in the other pic, which I also took yesterday at 11:00 a.m.  when I came downstairs for coffee.  The sun streaming in made me so happy I couldn’t help snapping some photos.


The fun pic will be of our garden this weekend when there’s flowers everywhere and lights and beach chairs and maybe even some painted rocks.

I’m in a good head this week, probably because I’m getting a lot done at the home office and here at Casa Slick.  The mental health boost my boss gave me last Thursday carried over to this week.   A couple kind words, man, that’s all it took.  And it’s really true, the busier I am, the less my mind wanders to depressing places.  I blast my music and bury myself in what I’m doing and forget that there’s an apocalypse happening.

Too bad I couldn’t successfully keep that up every day since November 9, 2016, huh.

I’m working on it but I’m seeing light at the end of the tunnel.  Mother Nature seems to be taking care of what the Democrats couldn’t.  Grandpa Crazypants clearly isn’t well. He either had a stroke or he’s got onset dementia because he’s even more grotesque than usual and even though I’ve been screaming about it for months, mainstream media is finally noticing.

So that’s cool.

You guys realize that Mercury goes into retrograde at 10:21 a.m. today, right?  We can’t make major purchases or sign contracts until July 12.

CB2, if you’re listening, do not have your patio furniture sale until July 13.  Ahem.  Make that July 14.  As in 714.

Remember 714s?

Thank god they disappeared but WHY?  Was there a better drug ever created?

That’s why they took them from us, they made us too damn happy.

But yeah, it’s probably better for my health and Gary’s they’re not around anymore. It would be unseemly for two senior citizens to be...

Never mind.

😂😂😂

Ah, memories.

(If you ever took them, you know what I’m saying)

(At this point in our program, both of my kids are shouting Mother of the Year! Mother of the Year!)

Hey, kiddies, you’re awesome because of your dad and me. You may be celebrity rock stars but you’ll  never be as cool as we are.😜

(Now both kids are jumping up and down, laughing hysterically, and shouting OKAY, BOOMER in unison.)

In other news, last night Gary made me watch Frontline on PBS.  It was all about how Trump botched the coronavirus response and it’s totally his fault 115,000 Americans are dead.

Of course I’ve known this since March, but it was all fresh news to Gary, who kept turning around and looking at me in shock.

“WHY ISN’T HE IN JAIL?” Gary kept asking me.

Hell if I know.

Oh, before Frontline, we watched a documentary on Mae West.  

Mae and I were both born on August 17.

I’m not even lying.

Life is grand.

Enjoy Wednesday, apocalypse dudes.