Saturday, June 13, 2020

Day 91



Day 91, self quarantine:

Yesterday was awesome.

It was kind of a mental health day.  I had very little to do home office wise and the weather was spectacular.  Gary and I tackled the final corner of our yard, which was gross beyond belief and somehow yielded 24 more trash bags.

I’m kinda in shock about that, actually.

Sigh...it’s the corner where Gary barbecues.

I dug up silverware I’ve been missing for fifteen years.

“You took our good forks out here? Why?  Why would you do that?”

“You’re asking me about something that happened in 2005?” Gary laughed.  “You should be excited!  This goes along with your theory you’re rewarded every time you clean!”

Grrr.

So any shopping trips I had in mind for this weekend for the garden  are postponed until after trash day on Wednesday.

Holy hell, I can’t believe the most important day of the week for me during the pandemic is the day they pick up my garbage.  It’s like my new weekly national holiday.

Actually, watching the news as I write this, maybe I shouldn’t be leaving the house yet, anyway.  The virus is everywhere.

Also as I write this, I just spilled the bottle containing 60 blood pressure medication pills all over the floor.

That can’t be good.

For my blood pressure, I mean.  Now I have to count them in case I missed one in the floor and Jake finds it.

Good times.

Oy, I haven’t even watched Top Chef yet.

It’s the second to the last episode.  Stephanie or Kevin better be gone or I’m not watching the finale next week.

I’m team Melissa all the way.  If she goes, ugh, I have no choice but to cheer on Bryan Voltaggio, the guy with the sexiest laugh in America.

Okay, I find him sexy as fuck for a young guy, but ew, he’s a young guy.

No offense, young guys,  but if you weren’t around when the Beatles were, we have nothing in common 😎

But because it’s Saturday and we can all use some eye candy, here’s a pic of Bryan for those who like men and here’s Padma, Top Chef judge and hostess for those who like the ladies.

God, if you exist, though I‘m pretty sure you don’t because TRUMP and his hideous supporters,  but in case you do and you’re listening, and if there’s such a thing as reincarnation, can I come back as Padma Lakshmi?

Thanks, God.

Hot damn she’s gorgeous and brilliant.  She’s a fucking Queen.

I know, I know, so am I.

And so are you.

We are all Padma Lakshmi.

I’m gonna get a t-shirt made.

Okay, okay, time to actually watch the show.  I hope I just didn’t doom Bryan by posting his pic but I do not see that happening.  They’ve set him up as a finalist the entire series.

But as I’ve also said, I’m wrong every year.

We shall see.

Go forth and rule the world today, fellow apocalypse dudes.