Saturday, June 06, 2020

Day 84



Day 84, self quarantine 

Yay, it’s finally Saturday.

I’m worried.

Please please please if you are protesting today, be careful.

Trump is itching to let “his” military loose with a big I TOLD YOU SO.  His supporters may try and lend him a hand.

Omg some are not even real military.  They’re mercenaries in unmarked uniforms.  Trump’s thugs.

The protest in Philadelphia, expected to draw thousands, is blocks from my house.  I have faith it will be peaceful.  If I weren’t *cough* a senior and terrified of coronavirus, I’d be marching.

Again, I think the protestors intend to be peaceful in Washington, DC.  It’s Trump’s pals who have me scared.

Okay, let me follow my own advice and live one minute at a time and not worry about something I can’t control.

In lighter news...

I got this text yesterday, which is today’s photo.

IT’S FROM MY HAIR STYLIST.

Thank fucking God.

Haha, too cool, my hair guy is young and hip, his clients are young and hip, but look who got his first appointment?

That’s right, people.  This old broad.  I still got it.

I don’t even know what “it” is.

I used to be with ‘it’ but then they changed what “it” was.  Now what I’m with isn’t ”it” anymore and what’s “it” seems weird and scary.  It’ll happen to you!

Haha, that’s a classic Grandpa Simpson quote.  It’s one of my favorites along with “Going cold turkey isn’t as delicious as it sounds.”

So with the protest so close to home, our plan to venture out shopping  today was thwarted and I now have a wait and see attitude about the beach Sunday.  My big fear is coming home exhausted with the dog in the car and having the streets blocked off like last week and it would be a nightmare trying to reach our house.  The gridlock that occurs here normally is breathtaking.

I’m so nutz I would drive down at 5:00 a.m. and head home by noon but there’s no way in hell I could get Gary out of bed that early so that’s not an option.

Sigh...

Oh well.  I thought it was supposed to be rainy, I just learned it’s not, so if you’re looking for me, I will be out in my garden cleaning up one final corner and plotting out what and  where we are planting and putting the new chairs and table I was hoping to buy today.

There’s those goals again.

Also, try not to die of jealousy but Gary is making macaroni and cheese and cornbread from scratch for dinner tonight.

I’m going to be dreaming about it all day.

I told you goals  are everything.

Maybe I will paint some rocks today and make them political.

I’ll start with a pussy behind a fence.

Hey, it’s the apocalypse garden!

Peace out and stay safe today, fellow apocalypse dudes.

You matter.