Friday, June 05, 2020

Day 83


Day 83, self quarantine 

Yay, it’s Friday!

I love Fridays.  They’re so full of chill and hope.

And pizza.  

Though I think I am blowing off our usual pizza night tonight because I really may finally make it down to the beach on Sunday.  I haven’t told Gary yet but I’m the Slick social director since Julie moved out so he’ll go along with the plan.

Plus I’ve had him working in the yard every weekend since April.  He could use a peaceful morning lounging by the ocean.

I could use a breakfast of cinnamon sugar cake donuts and a lunch and dinner of Manco and Manco’s pizza.

Jake could use a run on the beach.

I could use that, too.

Okay, we’re going!

I wish the kids were here but it’ll happen.

So this is a week I am happy to put behind me.  I struggled at work, I struggled with the news, and I guess I am never going to stop struggling to understand why people support Donald.  A bigger pussy/imbecile does not exist.

People, he’s a morbidly obese buffoon in a ridiculous wig and makeup and an international laughingstock.

HE IS A MURDERER AND IF YOU SUPPORT HIM THAT MEANS YOU SUPPORT DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

Jfc, if you’re that stupid, just go away.

Sigh...

Oh, one good thing, I told my boss again where I stand on coming back and he reassured me I can continue working remotely.

I actually started celebrating the weekend last night because yes, Gary made hand cut french fries, I scored my first heirloom tomato of the season and some sesame seed brioche buns, and that dinner was just what I needed.

Well, that and a hug.

I know how to live.

So this weekend I also hope to work in the yard and maybe start the great rock painting experiment.  We’ll see how that goes.  I may want to completely finish the yard before I do the fun stuff like rock painting  because I never finish projects and neither does Gary and this time I’m determined and so is he but we both stray easily so I’m afraid to do anything else.

Oh great, now I’m talking myself out of the beach.

Nah.

Meanwhile, I can’t believe it’s June and we haven’t made any vacation plans.  Since Gary has no plans this summer at all, I’ve been idly playing around with the idea of RV rental.

I know, I can’t believe it, either.

No worries, we’ll never do it.

But geez, Gary’s retired, I have three weeks vacation, and we’re not going to go anywhere, really?

Haha, sounds like us.  We better make that backyard ultra cool, it’s going to have to double as Tuscany.

(I’ll go to Tuscany later after there’s a vaccination)

So I guess that’s it for today but after the week I had, I’ll take “slightly boring.”

Later, apocalypse dudes.