Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Day 70


Day 80, self quarantine:

Holy hell, we’re only 20 away from 100 days shelter in place.

That’s insane.

But as I keep saying, I’m down with 100 more.  At least.

I’m not going to comment on President Pussy’s ridiculous fascist speech and phony Bible photo op last night, no worries 😜

Not in this post, anyway.

But I needed comfort and sustenance yesterday so Gary gave me a lot of hugs and oh my God he made black pepper cheddar buttermilk biscuits with spicy honey butter.

Can you marry a biscuit?

Because if there is anything on earth better than that biscuit, I haven’t met it.

Oh, okay, the guy who baked it is cool.

But oh my lord, that combination of flavors.  And the grated cheese in the dough makes it flaky and a
little chewy at the same time.

The honey butter also had smoked paprika.

I’m having leftovers for lunch.

Is it lunch yet?

Tonight is the final trash night. Tonight the last barbecue, the 87 barbecue accessories, 5 broken hoses, the 27 trash can lids, the rusted empty propane tank, the four hideous 20 year old green resin chairs that I finally talked Gary into parting with...all in the trash.

Along with another 16 bags of leaves and I don’t know what.

We have conquered the hellhole that was our yard.

Now the fun stuff starts and I am so here for that.

Right now, just the idea of standing in a totally empty trash free yard is so exciting I can hardly wait for 7:00 tonight.  

This day is gonna take forever!

But there will be biscuits In between to break it up.

Always have goals, people.