Saturday, June 27, 2020

Day 105






Day 105, self quarantine:

Woo, day 105.  Every morning I’ve been typing those triple digits, it’s been kind of surreal.

So even though it’s not finished, isn’t the Slick apocalypse garden adorable?  
Stick with me.  As a boomer who never grew up, I can turn any space into a college dorm ready for a kegger  circa 1973.

The first pic I took through the new screen door, sitting on the sofa.  Check out our buddha.  She’s got a solar light.  

We sat outside for a couple hours yesterday.  I texted both kids excitedly.

“Dad and I feel like we’re in our own secret clubhouse back here.”

Yeah, yeah, I know we’re not normal.

But I kinda like being perpetually immature.  

In other news, I don’t have my perfect song list ready yet.  I need to pare it down.  And then I started wondering if I should make two and make them more genre specific.

Don’t mind me, I’m just a wee bit music obsessed.  

So I’m sure you don’t need me to yap about the virus this morning but the news continues to be horrific. Philadelphia’s numbers are back up and now there’s talk of slowing down our reopening.

Will Bunker Boi stop squawking LAW AND ORDER long enough to deal with it?

Nah.

But by all means, Donald, cower in your bunker and focus on statues of dead people, even though you know squat about art, you despicable nitwit.  Because like, look how successful your campaign against kneeling was. 😂😂😂

P.S.  I really really hope the Philadelphia Eagles  sign Colin Kaepernick.

Sigh.  What I want to know is, where are the REAL patriots?

I’m so fucking exhausted.

Look, if his Evangelical Christian supporters want the rapture, fine, they can all die, I’ll help pay for their funerals.

Like today.

Anyhoo...

Today’s plans include procuring soft pretzels.  Gary and I realized last night we haven’t had one since quarantine.  Hey, we live in Philadelphia!  Soft pretzels are a food group!

Like with all other food, Gary and I are soft pretzel snobs.  We get ours here:


I’m wondering if any of you reading have ever had their Mediterranean wraps?  I’ve never seen that on the menu before, and they look like they’re filled with spinach and feta.

Please tell me this is true.

Omg, did someone who makes incredible soft pretzels find a way to make portable spinach pie?

I will fucking die of ecstasy.

Other than pretzels, since we have a stormy day ahead of us, I will be watching Season 1, Top Chef and painting rocks today.

Hope your day rocks as well.

*ducking*

Bye.