Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Day 102


Day 102, self quarantine:

Wow, it’s Wednesday already.

Time fries.

So we are now at the point in the apocalypse where I want to sit out in my garden and paint rocks all day.

I’m loving this space so much, I can hardly stand it.  And it’s still only 85% finished.

But good enough that I can sit out there with my coffee all zen. Since I can’t take a normal vacation this year, I’m going to start taking days off to enjoy the sunshine and flowers and all our hard work.  

Why not?  I even have my own personal spa chef.

I mean, seriously.  Look at last night’s dinner.  Who just throws together ravioli with lemon butter basil tomato sauce?

Okay, I cannot tell a lie, those are Trader Joe fresh  ravioli, the summer selection is lemon ricotta which are great and what we had last night, but even better are the basil sweet corn burrata, and both are under $4 a bag and are way more than enough for two people.  

They are but a wonderful canvas for Gary’s insane sauces.  Last night he was inspired by his farmers market purchases.

So yeah, Trader Joe fresh ravioli.  That’s my public service announcement for the day.

How about that Jonestown scene in Arizona last night? Coronavirus, if you’re listening, I have a favor to ask...

No comment on that Aryan teen mourning the loss of Aunt Jemima other than you can really see the effects of forty years of defunding public education.

I really hope that this country can rebuild itself in 2021, and we have a renaissance of sorts.  

Every historian says the same.  It doesn’t matter how wealthy a country is.  Wealth doesn’t enhance society.  You know what does?  Education.  And in America, the best education is now only available to the wealthy.

Enjoy your Civil War.  It’s coming.  I thought I’d be dead when it happened, but now I’m not so sure.

It’s going to be the Haves vs the Have Nots.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist.  If America can’t get its act together and vote that motherfucker out of office, that’s what awaits us.

I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t watch the news at 5:00 a.m.  It’s beyond depressing.

Evangelical Christians are a pox on our society.  The stupid is just breathtaking.

I am going to go pour another cup of coffee and sit out back and meditate and listen to the birds.

Peace and love.