Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Day 37

Day 37, self quarantine:

Yesterday was brutal on a lot of levels but hey, hey, when I turned off the laptop at the end of the day and limped exhaustedly downstairs, I walked in on Gary and Jake making out on the sofa and suddenly everything was a-okay in my world.

Those two ❤️

Also, my awesome friend, Tommy made me break out laughing when he wondered, “Having never been through this before and warm weather is coming, do we dig out our shorts or just cut the legs off our pajama pants?”

I read his post out loud to Gary and we giggled like idiots for ten minutes.

Maybe you had to be there.

Love and laughter are everything and can even get you through stuff like emailing your boss a simple Certification for signature with eighty-seven typos and other bizarre errors not once but woo hoo, four separate times.

Or soothe your soul after reading post after post related to good friends and family losing good friends and family to Covid-19.  It’s creeping closer and closer to my inner circle.

Omg, the stories.  The New York Times “Those We Lost” is breaking my heart.


This virus is truly terrifying.

The more I read, the more I never want to leave the house.

On the other hand, if I don’t get to the beach soon, breathe in some salty ocean air and wolf down a boardwalk pizza or seven, I may as well be dead.

Yeah, yeah, a day at a time.

I’m getting edgy.  I know I said this before, but if only we had a national shutdown through Memorial Day.  If only we had that in the first place, maybe we could have really flattened the curve and maybe these insane right wing quarantine protests wouldn’t be happening.

If only we had a President who wasn’t batshit crazy.

I know for me psychologically, a Memorial Day end date would give me ample time to adjust to the idea of re-entering a world where this virus is going to be lurking until they find a vaccine.

It’s not going to just go away. Don’t listen to Donald, he’s an imbecile.

Maybe most people will be able to somewhat return to their former lives in a few weeks, what do I know.  I’m pretty sure I won’t so I’m jealous.  Sometimes being a drama queen hypochondriac is a heavy cross to bear.  

Oh well.  Maybe that’s the next thing I’ll work on.

And on that note, time to start Tuesday.

It is Tuesday, right?