Thursday, June 14, 2018

This is not America



David Bowie was a seer, huh.

An actual tweet from Ronna ROMNEY McDaniel, the current Chair of the Republican National Party:




IF HER TWEET DOESN'T ANGER AND SCARE THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU THERE IS SOMETHING MENTALLY WRONG WITH YOU.

And then of course we have this:




If you read this, listen to him say it, and you think it's normal or most excellent, GET HELP.

And then there's this:




And this:




It's going to be interesting and possibly earth shattering to see what happens.  The only ones who are going to accept the R's spin on this, if no legislation is passed to stop it, are the hardline supporters, who frankly have brain damage.  Unfortunately, the terrifying rampant greed and INSANE evangelical leanings in our current government have fallen on deaf ears.  I think we are all waiting for Mueller, but deep down, we know it's in our own hands and we're trying to figure out what the hell to do since we are in uncharted waters.

For the moment, it's up to these two idiots, so we're in trouble.  


I don't even know what to say at this point other than I am ready to take to the streets and am just waiting for the word...

Today the old man is 72.  Is it wrong of me to hope he chokes on a piece of his birthday cake and dies?  No, it is not.  Someone needs to tally up the loss of life attributable to him since he took office in January of 2017 and he should be held accountable and impeached.  Ugh, but if he dies or gets impeached, then we'd get Pence the Christian.

NO THANKS.

Luckily, Pence is up to his neck in shit so when -45 goes, so goeth Pence.

Today is the release of the Inspector General's report on James Comey.  Do you think the release date coinciding with that monster's birthday is a coincidence?  I don't.  Prepare for a vicious media spin, that will be nothing more than shiny coins to divert your attention from Trump's collusion, obstruction of justice, and love affair with RUSSIA IN GENERAL.

He may gloat for a few hours today and we'll all get our panties in a twist, but remember:  There is a very good chance that both Manafort and Cohen will be in jail tomorrow.

I'll update this post as needed.

In other news....

Natalie is the guest on World Cafe Live today on XPN, and it's not being broadcast until 10:00 p.m. tonight.  You can listen here:  http://kxt.org/2018/06/this-week-on-world-cafe-june-11-15/  At least I think so.  I can't get on XPN.org at the moment and I'm sure that must be a better link.

Eric will be in town with Dr. Dog on June 23, 2018 at Festival Pier, and you can get tickets here: http://festivalpierphilly.com/shows/

Julie may be embarking on a special project...well, to me it is beyond special...I will keep you posted and share what I can.

Did I mention Julie has a gig with Adrian toward the end of this month?  Ack, I guess it's a surprise.  I was just on the website and they aren't listed yet so I have to stay quiet.  Hint:  It's not in Philadelphia or New York.

Okay, I have to go check on the news and see what the asshat did now.

Peace out and try to relax.  Trust me, I know it's next to impossible.

xo