Monday, January 14, 2008

Odds and Sods for Monday, January 14, 2008

I know, I know, I've been a bad blogger but to be honest, I've been so busy I simply have not had the time. So let's play catch up, but it's got to be quick.

Today, 39 and Holding...Him, for which, as I've probably mentioned here a few thousand times, I am both editor and contributor, is now available in print (yeah!) and here's the link to order your copy today.



Secondly, there was so much great stuff left over and I have such brilliant friends to solicit, there will in fact be a Volume II called 39 and Still Holding -- and here is the cover for that, also done by the brilliant Nick Belardes, and as I've probably also announced a few times already, Nick not only did both covers, he has really great stories in each as well as five haikus in Volume II. And the model for both covers is the fabulous Matilda Kay, who also has a fantastic piece in Volume II and I do believe this is her first published short story so I am thrilled to be the first editor to introduce her to you and also quite excited that her story will appear with some "celebrities" in the writing world. I believe Volume II will be published May 5, 2008 which will be here before you know it and I'm very psyched at the fast turn around.



I want to talk more in depth about the contributors for both books as the lineups are truly stellar but I will have to get to that later this week. Right now, I am writing two books simultaneously, editing one (Daddy Left Me Alone with God) to the point where I have pages and pages of chapters printed out and I'm shuffling them like cards, trying to re-arrange the order and now I know what wanting to crawl into the fetal position truly means but I am determined to get this book right once and for all and trust me, I will.

In other news, I've received a few emails from readers: What happened to the comments section on your blog? Is your blog broken? Can it be fixed?

Erm, the answer to that is No. After much deliberation, I decided to discontinue comments. Please don't take it personally. Like I said, I am in serious writing mode and sometimes when I do a blog post, I spend the day stalking myself...I mean...reading all of your comments, which I adore and mean a lot to me. But it's time consuming and then I feel obligated to comment back, or worse, like with the last few posts, I've been too busy to do that and then I suffer guilt.

So I think the best solution for now is to disable comments. My new website has a very cool contact page where you can comment to your hearts content and it will be emailed to me.

Most likely when The Adrian Belew Power Trio embark on their month long tour -- which is less than five weeks away! -- I will reopen comments because as you know, whenever Julie and Eric tour with Adrian, my blog becomes a shrine to them.

In light of the above, I know I have a lot of nerve asking you all this, but I'm a nominee for best contemporary author over at Rites of Romance. If you have a little extra time on your hands -- like two seconds -- here is the link to cast your vote for me.

And really, that's it for now. I have to get back to writing!

Later,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment