Friday, April 20, 2007

Eric Slick and the Paul Green School of Rock All-Stars Immortalized at Hard Rock Park


Brilliant violinist Katie Jacoby, Slide guitarist extraordinaire Sarah Zimmermann, Best Female Shredder Guitarist Ever Courtney Cox, Amazing bassist Andy Zimmerman, and the insanely talented drummer Eric Slick -- all of whom will someday appear on a Hard Rock Park Mountain of their own and I am really stoked by the park's choices of John Lennon, Bob Marley, and Jimi Hendrix. (Okay, so I'm not an Elvis fan...but yeah, yeah, he deserves to be there)


The park actually has an entire section devoted to the British Invasion and there's my lucky son and gang crossing Abbey Road.



And outside the Magical Mystery Tour Bus (this is the bus which picked them up in Philadelphia, complete with beds and large screen TV).



Here they are about to immortalize Rock School.



Eric, I love this picture of you:




Oh my god, how cool is that...Eric is like one of the first drummers ever to get his own "Stick of Fame" at Hard Rock Park.

And finally, for my good pal Paul Green, the man who made all of the miracles happen:



Later,
xo

6 comments:

  1. OMG! Amazing!! That is so fucking cool!! Eric is truly the incredible drummer and certainly those other kids are talented. That is really a great thing for all involved.

    Where is that park btw?

    Hey Rob. I've been bogged down with a toddler for six weeks. I can't even think straight, more less respond. I'll share more when I return from So. Cal.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Tickle! That park is in Myrtle Beach, S.C., and it actually isn't opening until Spring, 2008. Eric and the gang were part of a special preview in which 6,000 investors/special guests were invited for a sneak peak and a concert by Eric and company. I have some links about the park in posts I made earlier in the week.

    A toddler? Oy, oy, oy. Yeah, details, please, when you are able. You must be completely freaked out. And yet, I know it's in my future when I am a cough...cough...cough...grandparent.

    Nah I'm looking forward to it.

    As long as they call me "Oh Cool One" instead of grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that??? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos! And that Katie the violinist is incredible! Everytime I see a clip of her playing, I'm so spellbound, I forget to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Myfanwy and Susan...I know I say this all the time, but I really want my kids' lives. And naturally I'm chomping at the bit for someone to put up a You Tube...you're right, Katie is mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's freakin' awesome! I can't wait to see and hear Eric and Julie play in Asbury! Counting down the days!

    Rock on, oh cool one!

    ReplyDelete